Opportunities for schools (link)
The window to apply to participate in the Creative Schools pilot opens on Tuesday 20th February, 2018. Selected schools will have the opportunity to deepen the impact the arts and creativity can make on school life and on the lives of children and young people. Schools selected for the pilot will be partnered with a Creative Associate, who will support them in planning and implementing a creative programme that can be sustained in their school. Each school will also receive €2,000 to help them implement their programme.
What schools should do now:
- Step 1 – Get online, read the guidelines and find out more
- Step 2 – Register your school as an organisation/group today
- Step 3 – Apply online between 20th February and 22nd March 2018
Opportunities for Creative Associates
Creative Associates will be artists and/or teachers with an understanding of the arts and creativity and its potential to transform the lives of children and young people. They are dynamic agents for change uniquely placed to form partnerships between schools and the arts and cultural community.
What applicants should do now:
- Step 1 – Get online and read the Creative Associate Information Booklet
- Step 2 – Check if you are eligible as an artist, organisation or teacher
- Step 3 – Complete and return the Application Form
Scoileanna Ildánacha/Creative Schools is a flagship initiative of the Creative Ireland Programme to enable the creative potential of every child. It is being led by the Arts Council in partnership the Department of Education and Skills and the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.